SANTA MONICA, CA – October 27, 2014 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Dealernews, the premier business information resource for North American powersports retailers, announces the winners of the 23rd Annual Top 100 Dealer Awards, the motorcycle and powersports industry’s largest, longest running and most prestigious retail competition.
The 2014 Top 100 Dealer Awards is presented by Western Power Sports (WPS). Based in Boise, Idaho, WPS is the fastest growing nationwide delivery system of powersports industry products, with regional warehouses in California, Idaho, Indiana, Pennsylvania and Tennessee.
More than 30 states and two Canadian provinces are represented in this year’s Top 100. States with the highest number of winning dealerships are Texas (13 winners), Ohio (8), Missouri (8), Illinois (6) North Carolina (6), Arizona (5), New York (5) and Virginia (5). A list of the 2014 Top 100 Dealers is provided below.
The powersports industry will honor the Top 100 Class of 2014 at an awards gala Dec. 4 at the historic Palmer House Hilton in downtown Chicago, in conjunction with the 2014 Dealer Expo and the National Retail Conference presented by Dealernews. The Awards Ceremony will reveal the 2014 Dealer of the Year, Special Merit Award winners and this year’s recipient of the Don J. Brown Lifetime Achievement Award.
“The 2014 Top 100 Dealers represent more 40 vehicle brands and scores of parts, gear and accessory lines,” said Mary Slepicka, content director of Dealernews and Dealer Expo. “They are engaged in their local communities, provide excellent work environments and know how to have fun. They are true ambassadors of the powersports lifestyle – for current customers and customers-to-be.”
Dealer Expo will be held Friday, Dec. 5, through Sunday, Dec. 7, preceded on Dec. 4 by the National Retail Conference. All daytime events are being held at McCormick Place West in downtown Chicago.
Here are the winners of the 2014 Dealernews Top 100 Dealer Competition, listed geographically:
- ALABAMA – Big #1 Motorsports (Birmingham), Dothan Powersports (Dothan)
- ARIZONA – GO AZ Motorcycles (Scottsdale), Harley-Davidson of Scottsdale (Scottsdale), RideNow Peoria (Peoria), Show Low Motorsports (Show Low), Sierra Cycles (Sierra Vista)
- CALIFORNIA – Ducati / Triumph Newport Beach (Costa Mesa)
- CONNECTICUT – New Haven Powersports (New Haven)
- FLORIDA – Route 1 Motorsports (Grant), Sky Powersports of Lake Wales (Lake Wales)
- GEORGIA – Cycle World of Athens (Bogart)
- IDAHO – Rexburg Motorsports (Rexburg)
- ILLINOIS – Arlington Motorsports (Arlington Heights), Frieze Harley-Davidson Sales (O’Fallon), Gieson Motorsports (Rock Falls), iMotorsports Inc. (Elmhurst), McHenry Harley-Davidson (McHenry), Woodstock Harley-Davidson (Woodstock)
- INDIANA – Bud’s Harley-Davidson (Evansville), Dreyer South Powersports (Whiteland)
- KENTUCKY – Lexington MotorSports (Lexington), Man O’War Harley-Davidson (Lexington), Ride Center USA (Hazard), Wildcat Harley-Davidson (London)
- MICHIGAN – ABC Harley-Davidson (Waterford), Babbitt’s Sports Center (Muskegon), Hot Rod Harley-Davidson (Muskegon), Village Motorsports of Grand Rapids (Grand Rapids)
- MISSISSIPPI – Hattiesburg Cycles (Hattiesburg), Southern Thunder Harley-Davidson (Southaven)
- MISSOURI – Advantage Powersports (Kansas City), Big St. Charles Motorsports (St. Charles), Cruisin 66 (Ozark), Freedom Cycles (Grandview), Gail’s Harley-Davidson (Grandview), Gene’s Gallery Inc. (Springfield), J & W Cycles (Washington), Liberty Cycle Center / LCC Powersports (Liberty)
- NEBRASKA – Star City Motor Sports (Lincoln)
- NEW JERSEY – DHY Motorsports (Deptford), Motorcycle Mall (Belleville)
- NEW MEXICO – Champion Motorsports (Roswell)
- NEW YORK – Arkport Cycles (Hornell), Bob Weaver Motorsports & Marine (North Tonawanda), Filer’s Powersports (Macedon), Harv’s Harley-Davidson (Macedon), Pioneer Motorsport Inc. (Chaffee)
- NORTH CAROLINA – Brewer Cycles Inc. (Henderson), Indian Victory Charlotte (Lowell), Outer Banks Harley-Davidson (Harbinger), Ray Price Inc. (Raleigh), Select Cycle / Scooternerds (Greensboro), Smokin’ Harley-Davidson (Winston-Salem)
- OHIO – A.D. Farrow Co. (Columbus/Sunbury), Adventure Harley-Davidson (Dover), Adventure Motorcycle & Accessories (Weston), Mad River Harley-Davidson (Sandusky), Rick Roush Motor Sports (Medina), Rubber City Harley-Davidson (Cuyahoga Falls), Signature Harley-Davidson (Perrysburg), Toledo Harley-Davidson (Toledo)
- OKLAHOMA – Myers-Duren Harley-Davidson (Tulsa)
- PENNSYLVANIA – Harley-Davidson of Erie (Erie), Off-Road Express West (Waterford)
- SOUTH CAROLINA – Black Jack Harley-Davidson (Florence), Performance PowerSports (Seneca), Redline Powersports (Myrtle Beach)
- SOUTH DAKOTA – J & L Harley-Davidson (Sioux Falls)
- TENNESSEE – Smoky Mountain Harley-Davidson (Maryville)
- TEXAS – Central Texas Harley-Davidson (Round Rock), Central Texas Powersports (Georgetown), Cycle Center of Denton (Denton), Freedom Powersports and Marine Lewisville (Lewisville), Freedom Powersports Dallas (Dallas), Freedom Powersports Decatur (Decatur), Freedom Powersports Hurst (Hurst), Freedom Powersports McKinney (McKinney), Freedom Powersports Weatherford (Weatherford), Honda Kawasaki West (Fort Worth), Killeen Power Sports Ltd. (Killeen), Maxim Honda (Allen), Midland Powersports (Midland)
- UTAH – Carey’s Cycle Center (Riverdale)
- VERMONT – Cyclewise / Ducati Vermont (New Haven), Wilkins Harley-Davidson (Barre)
- VIRGINIA – Bayside Harley-Davidson (Portsmouth), Black Bear Harley-Davidson (Wytheville), Black Wolf Harley-Davidson (Bristol), Commonwealth Powersports (Prince George), Waugh Enterprises Harley-Davidson (Orange)
- WASHINGTON – Sound Harley-Davidson (Marysville), South Sound Honda Suzuki/South Bound Honda (Olympia/South Tacoma)
- WEST VIRGINIA – Charlie’s Harley-Davidson (Huntington), Cole Harley-Davidson (Bluefield)
- WISCONSIN – House of Harley-Davidson (Greenfield), Road Track and Trail LLC (Big Bend), Vandervest Harley-Davidson (Green Bay)
- CANADA – Cycle North Powersports (Prince George, BC), Rec-Tech Power Products (Lloydminster, AB)
About the Top 100 Dealer Competition
The Dealernews Top 100 Awards recognizes powersports dealerships for their achievements in retail design and merchandising, marketing, e-commerce, customer service, community involvement and general business management. It is a juried competition that awards dealers and independent shops for their efforts to promote the sport, the industry and the rider lifestyle.
Dealernews Is The Voice of Powersports Retailers, helping them combine their passion for the sport with their pursuit of profit. Dealernews is an integrated information service, encompassing the flagship monthly magazine launched in 1965, the industry’s largest B2B media website (www.dealernews.com), and the industry’s largest family of business-to-business e-newsletters, the DealerNEWS ALERTS. Dealernews is a member of the Advanstar Powersports Group, which includes the Progressive International Motorcycle Shows and the Dealernews International Powersports Dealer Expo. www.dealernews.com
About Dealer Expo
Since 1966, the Dealernews International Powersports Dealer Expo is the industry’s annual national event where retailers come together to find new products, learn better practices, share ideas to improve their businesses and have some fun. Built by and for powersports retailers, Dealer Expo and the National Retail Conference presented by Dealernews, to be held Dec. 4-7 at McCormick Place West in Chicago, Ill., are timed to fit the retailer’s schedule – after the selling season, before the slow time – in a location both affordable and easy to reach. www.dealerexpo.com
Advanstar Communications Inc. serves business professionals and consumers in the Fashion, Life Sciences and Powersports industries with its portfolio of 143 events, 54 publications and directories, and 253 electronic products and websites – along with educational and direct marketing products and services. Market-leading brands and a commitment to delivering innovative, quality products and services enable Advanstar to “Connect Our Customers With Theirs.” Advanstar has approximately 600 employees and operates from multiple offices in North America and Europe. www.advanstar.com