ENGLISHTOWN, NJ – February 20, 2014 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – EPM Performance Imports, the exclusive U.S. importer of Hyperpro motorcycle suspension products, has just released high-quality shock and fork upgrades developed specifically for Yamaha’s new FZ-09 that give the naked street brawler a well-controlled, compliant and comfortable ride that its low-tech, stock suspenders don’t deliver.
Easy to install and adjust, Hyperpro’s model 461 shock has a 45-click range of settings for rebound damping, the capability to fine-tune high- and low-speed compression damping, and a threaded preload collar. It’s equipped with a high-performance remote reservoir and can be ordered with an optional length adjuster that will raise or lower the bike by a half inch.
The more economical 466 is a DeCarbon-style shock with adjustable preload and rebound that has separate chambers for gas and oil to prevent cavitation in the FZ-09’s near-horizontal mounting position. The 461 and 466 shocks can be fitted with convenient, hydraulically operated preload adjusters.
- Names: Model 461 and 466 shocks; replacement fork and shock springs
- Application: Yamaha FZ-09
- Model Year: 2014
- Availability: EPMPerf.com, Hyperpro dealers and distributors
- Retail Prices: 461 Shock: $959, 466 Shock: $709, Fork Springs: $159 with oil, Shock Springs: $139
- First Maintenance Service: Free
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty on springs; 5 years on shocks
- Shocks and fork springs for Yamaha’s 2014 FZ-09 that are engineered, tested and specifically tuned for the FZ-09
- Hyperpro 461-series rear shock is fully adjustable for preload, rebound and compression
- Optional length adjuster on 461 will raise or lower the bike by a half inch
- 466 model shock has adjustable preload and rebound damping; separate chambers for gas and oil
- Hydraulically operated preload adjuster optional on either shock
- Available with purple or black shock springs
- First Shock Maintenance Service: Free
- Hyperpro rising-rate fork springs can be matched the bike, rider and riding conditions
- OEM-replacement shock springs also available
- Warranty: Lifetime on springs; 5 years on shocks
Hyperpro’s rising-rate fork springs and progressively wound replacement shock springs are also available.
All Hyperpro shocks’ first maintenance service is free. They’re backed with a five-year warranty, come with an informative suspension manual and bike-specific setup data. Live phone support from EPM’s Hyperpro technicians is available for installation and setup help.
Based in the Netherlands, Hyperpro Suspension Technology was established in 1992 and its products have been available in the U.S. for 19 years. The company has shocks, steering dampers and fork springs for 1500 motorcycle models. Nearly 30,000 spring and damping combinations provide superior bike control and peak performance in every riding condition. In addition to designing and bench testing at its 20,000 square-foot facility, Hyperpro manufactures the majority of its suspension components in-house.
About EPM Performance Imports
EPM Performance Imports is the exclusive importer for Hyperpro suspension components in North America. The Englishtown, New Jersey-based company builds and fine-tunes Hyperpro products in the shortest time possible and provides first-class after-sale support. This comprehensive suspension shop also refreshes, revalves and rebuilds OEM and other aftermarket shocks, performs on-site suspension service and set-up, in addition to building one-off one shocks and steering damper kits for custom bikes.
More information about Hyperpro shocks, fork spring, steering dampers and other suspension products can be found at EPMPerf.com, by e-mailing Info@EPMPerf.com or calling 732-786-9777 for sales, service and technical support.