Powersports industry’s largest, longest running and most prestigious retail competition will celebrate dealer excellence at awards dinner and gala during Dealer Expo in Indianapolis
SANTA MONICA, CA – Jan. 8, 2013 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Dealernews, the premier business information resource for North American powersports retailers, announces the winners of the 22nd Annual Top 100 Awards, the motorcycle and powersports industry’s largest, longest running and most prestigious retail competition.
The 2013 Top 100 Awards competition is presented by American Express OPEN and Helmet House.
Thirty-six states and one Canadian province are represented in this year’s Top 100. States with the highest number of winning dealerships are Missouri (8), Ohio (8), California (6), Texas (6), North Carolina (5), Pennsylvania (5) and Wisconsin (5). A list of the 2013 Top 100 Dealers is provided below.
The powersports industry will honor the Top 100 Class of 2013 at an awards gala Feb. 15 in Indianapolis, in conjunction with the 2013 Dealernews International Powersports Dealer Expo. The Awards Ceremony also will reveal the 2013 Dealer of the Year, Special Merit Award winners and the recipient of the Don J. Brown Lifetime Achievement Award. In addition, the Vehicle Brand of the Year will be awarded to the vehicle manufacturer with the most number of Top 100 franchised dealerships in the Class of 2013.
The 2013 Top 100 Dealers will be showcased in a three-day gallery exhibit during the Dealer Expo, being held Feb. 15-17 at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis.
Here are the winners of the Dealernews Top 100 Dealer Competition, listed geographically:
- ALABAMA – Dothan Powersports (Dothan)
- ARIZONA – Go AZ Motorcycles (Scottsdale), Harley-Davidson of Scottsdale (Scottsdale)CALIFORNIA – Chaparral Motorsports (San Bernardino), Del Amo Motorsports (Redondo Beach), Ducati/Triumph Newport Beach (Costa Mesa), North County’s House of Motorcycles (Vista), Performance Motorsports Yamaha (San Juan Capistrano), Skip Fordyce Harley-Davidson Buell (Riverside)
- COLORADO – Fay Myers Motorcycle World (Greenwood Village), Outpost Harley-Davidson (Pueblo)
- DELAWARE – Powersports East (Bear)
FLORIDA – Barney’s of Brandon (Brandon) , First Coast Powersports (St. Augustine), Fort Myers Harley-Davidson (Fort Myers), Sky Powersports of Lake Wales (Lake Wales)
- IDAHO – Rexburg Motorsports (Rexburg)
- ILLINOIS – Conrad’s Harley-Davidson (Shorewood), Frieze Harley-Davidson Sales Inc. (O’Fallon), McHenry Harley-Davidson (McHenry), Woodstock Harley-Davidson (Woodstock)
INDIANA – Bud’s Harley-Davidson (Evansville), Dreyer Honda South (Whiteland)
- IOWA – McGrath Powersports (Cedar Rapids)
KANSAS – Rawhide Harley-Davidson (Olathe)
- KENTUCKY – Man O’War Harley-Davidson (Lexington), Ride Center USA (Hazard), Wildcat Harley-Davidson (London)
- LOUISIANA – Renegade Harley-Davidson (Alexandria)
- MASSACHUSETTS – Cycles!128 (Beverly)
- MICHIGAN – Fox Shawmut Hills (Grand Rapids), Hot Rod Harley-Davidson (Muskegon), Village Motorsports of Grand Rapids (Grand Rapids)
- MISSOURI – Advantage Powersports (Kansas City), Big St. Charles Motorsports (St. Charles), Cruisin’ 66 (Springfield), Freedom Cycles Inc. (Grandview), Honda of the Ozarks (Springfield), J&W Cycles (Washington), Liberty Cycle Center Inc. (Liberty), Worth Harley-Davidson (Kansas City)
- MONTANA – Beartooth Harley-Davidson/ Buell (Billings)
- NEBRASKA – Ducati Omaha (Omaha), Kearney Powersports (Kearney), Star City Motor Sports Inc. (Lincoln)
- NEW HAMPSHIRE – Seacoast Harley-Davidson (North Hampton)
- NEW JERSEY – Deptford Honda Yamaha (Deptford), Motorcycle Mall (Belleville), Xtreme Machines LLC (Millstone Township)
- NEW MEXICO – Champion Motorsports (Roswell) , Santa Fe Motor Sports (Santa Fe)
- NEW YORK – Bob Weaver Motorsports & Marine (North Tonawanda), Filer’s PowerSports (Macedon)
- NORTH CAROLINA – Indian Victory Charlotte (Lowell), Ray Price Inc. (Raleigh), Outer Banks Harley-Davidson (Harbinger), Scooternerds/Select Cycle (Greensboro), Smokin’ Harley-Davidson (Winston-Salem)
- OHIO – A.D. Farrow Co. Harley-Davidson (Sunbury), Adventure Motorcycle & Accessories LLC (Weston), American Powersports (Findlay), Competition Accessories (Springfield), Mad River Harley-Davidson (Sandusky), Rick Roush Motor Sports (Medina), Signature Harley-Davidson (Perrysburg), Toledo Harley-Davidson (Toledo)
- OKLAHOMA – Myers-Duren Harley-Davidson (Tulsa)
- OREGON – Fun Country Powersports Inc. (The Dalles)
PENNSYLVANIA – Harley-Davidson of Erie (Erie), Off-Road Express (Erie), Off-Road Express West (Waterford), Philadelphia Cycle Center (Philadelphia), Steve Seltzer Powersports (Altoona)
- SOUTH CAROLINA – Performance PowerSports LLC (Seneca)
- SOUTH DAKOTA – J&L Harley-Davidson (Sioux Falls)
- TENNESSEE – Boswell’s Ring of Fire Harley-Davidson (Madison), Smoky Mountain Harley-Davidson (Maryville)
- TEXAS – Central Texas Harley-Davidson (Round Rock), Central Texas Powersports (Georgetown), Cycle Center of Denton (Denton) , Killeen Power Sports (Killeen), Maxim Honda (Allen), UV Country Powersports (Alvin)
- VIRGINIA – Bayside Harley-Davidson (Portsmouth), Black Wolf Harley-Davidson (Bristol), Black Bear Harley-Davidson (Wytheville), Coleman PowerSports (Woodbridge)
- VERMONT – Cyclewise Inc./Ducati Vermont (New Haven), Green Mountain Harley-Davidson (Essex Junction), Wilkins Harley-Davidson (Barre)
- WASHINGTON – Downtown Harley-Davidson Renton (Renton), South Sound Honda-Suzuki (Olympia)
- WEST VIRGINIA – Charlie’s Harley-Davidson (Huntington), Cole Harley-Davidson (Bluefield)
- WISCONSIN – House of Harley-Davidson (Wisconsin), Milwaukee Harley-Davidson (Milwaukee), Road Track and Trail LLC (Big Bend), Team Winnebagoland (Oshkosh), Vandervest Harley-Davidson (Green Bay)
- CANADA – Rec-Tech Power Products (Lloydminster, AB)
About the Top 100 Dealer Competition
The Dealernews Top 100 Awards recognizes powersports dealerships for their achievements in retail design and merchandising, marketing, e-commerce, customer service, community involvement and general business management. It is a juried competition that awards dealers and independent shops for their efforts to promote the sport, the industry and the rider lifestyle. For more information, visit www.dealernews.com.
Dealernews Is The Voice of Powersports Retailers, helping them combine their passion for the sport with their pursuit of profit. Dealernews is an integrated information service, encompassing the flagship 49-year-old monthly magazine, the industry’s largest B2B media website (www.dealernews.com), and the industry’s largest family of business-to-business e-newsletters, the DealerNEWS ALERTS. Dealernews is a member of the Advanstar Powersports Group, which includes the Progressive International Motorcycle Shows and the Dealernews International Powersports Dealer Expo. www.dealernews.com
Advanstar Communications Inc. serves business professionals and consumers in the Fashion, Life Sciences and Powersports industries with its portfolio of 143 events, 54 publications and directories, and 253 electronic products and websites – along with educational and direct marketing products and services. Market-leading brands and a commitment to delivering innovative, quality products and services enable Advanstar to “Connect Our Customers With Theirs.” Advanstar has approximately 600 employees and operates from multiple offices in North America and Europe. www.advanstar.com
Contact: Mary Slepicka