MINNEAPOLIS, MN – October 30, 2012 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Arctic Cat unveiled a fine-tuned 2013 Sno Pro 600, which the company says features improvements to durability, precision cornering and unmatched suspension control.
The following are updates to the 2013 model:
New Chassis Geometry – The added ground clearance improves predictability through the huge holes and allows the rider to attack the track with more confidence, all while scrubbing less speed.
- 1.35-inch added ground clearance at foot pockets
- Flatter running board angles
- Single layer .080-inch thick tunnel for increased strength
- New rear suspension mounting positions give track drive more ground clearance
New front suspension/steering geometry
- Improved caster angle
- Increased ski stance to 43.5 inches (1.2-inches wider than 2012)
- New steering ratio for sharper turning radius
- New ski damper loads rear of ski for improved handling
- New front arm shock eyelet for improved durability
New rear suspension – Both the front and rear suspension changes will improve the ability of the driver to steer and control the sled while on the gas.
- Front arm mounting position moved rearward 2 inches to improve transfer control
- Increased Front arm suspension travel by approximately 1 inch
- Added strength to both front arm and idler arm for improved durability
- New Torsion spring for increased preload
- New rear coupling position, give a wider range of usable adjustment
Drive system updates – Last season Arctic Cat’s all-new Torque Overload Sensing (TOS) Bottom Sprocket found in the magnesium chaincase worked flawlessly to save the drive system from the pounding of harsh terrain.
- New PTO engine plate for added durability
- Increased stiffness in engine mounts for added durability
- Modified dropcase for increased strength
- New lightweight/high strength track drive shaft
- New driven shaft with increased durability
- New drive clutch spring
- New drive belt
Brake system – Updates to the brake system will give the driver a more positive feel and control throughout the race.
- New brake caliper and disk
- Increased fastener size holding caliper halves together to decrease flex
- New deeper pistons to eliminate caulking
- Machining updates to improve bearing retention
- Increased ports for improved flow
- New seal groove for improved piston retraction
- Heated 40mm Mikuni rack style TM carburetors w/TPS
- New 1/4 turn assembly, hood pin, and hold down strap to secure side panels
- Added thickness to Snocross snow flap for increased durability
- Modified front heat exchanger engine mount bracket for increased durability
- Updated wire harness for improved routing
- New throttle cable with increased temperature rating
- New choke cable added
- Snocross seat has narrower (1.5-inch each side) leg profile than Cross Country seat
- Snocross has low-height windshield and Cross Country has mid-height
- C&A XT Snocross or C&A ADX Cross Country Ski (Carbides NOT included)
- New Team Arctic Green color
Arctic Cat Inc. designs, engineers, manufactures and markets all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and snowmobiles under the Arctic Cat® brand name, as well as related parts, garments and accessories. Its common stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the ticker symbol “ACAT.” More information about Arctic Cat and its products is available at www.arcticcat.com.