CHINO, CA – October 3, 2012 – (Motor Sports Newswire) -Yoshimura R&D of America, the leader in performance, has been synonymous with superior craftsmanship, precision fitment, and impeccable quality for years. Yoshimura R&D is excited to announce a complete performance solution for the new 2013 Honda CRF450R with the introduction of the all-new Yoshimura RS-9 system.
The dual-muffler configuration on the redesigned 2013 CRF450R gave Yoshimura the opportunity to create an entirely new muffler, specifically built for the CRF450R. Yoshimura worked in confidence with consultation from top AMA Pro riders Jeremy McGrath, Justin Barcia, Trey Canard, Eli Tomac, and Justin Brayton, to achieve maximum performance, mass centralization, and optimize rider-usability. Yoshimura R&D was able to achieve all this, while keeping sound levels in check with AMA Regulation.
Beginning with the head-pipe, a 3-stage tapered design results in better power, better throttle response, and usable power delivery. It is also spring mounted for increased durability. The header flows seamlessly into a re-configured tailpipe, where the exhausts gases are separated to each muffler. Yoshimura’s vertical divider splits the exhaust gases more evenly, for smoother flow, which improves mid-top power and throttle response. Divided exhausts gases then reach our new, dual RS-9 mufflers, hence RS-9D. RS-9’s parallelogram-shaped muffler body increases muffler volume over the stock system, resulting in better throttle response and improved noise cancellation. The dual setup enabled us to position the mufflers closer to the bike’s center of gravity (mass centralization) resulting in better handling for the rider. An additional benefit of the mass centralization process was decreasing potential for muffler damage in the event of crash.
The Yoshimura RS-9D not only makes more power and torque possible, but also does it more quietly than single systems. The uniquely sculpted carbon fiber end-caps feature a tunable insert system, able to fine-tune power delivery and decibel levels to rider specifications. The Yoshimura RS-9D systems are AMA 2-Meter Max and Amateur 94dB sound compliant right out of the box.
RS-9D DUAL MUFFLER
- All new design specific for 2013 CRF450R
- Parallelogram shaped muffler body increases muffler volume over stock providing better throttle response and better noise cancellation.
- The dual system is positioned further forward, closer to center of gravity, which improves handling and allows less chance for damage from crashing.
- The dual system achieves more power and torque, and quieter than previous single systems.
- The tunable insert system provides the ability to adjust power delivery and noise. 94dB and AMA 2-Meter Max Compliant
- Carbon fiber end-cap.
TAIL PIPE SECTION
- Yoshimura vertical divider divides exhaust gas more evenly for smoother flow.
- Yoshimura vertical divider generates better mid to top power and better initial throttle response.
- Heavy duty reinforced bracket.
- 3-stage tapered design provides better power and throttle response as well as more useable power delivery.
- Spring mounted for better durability.
- Titanium Full System with Carbon Fiber Muffler Sleeves and Carbon Fiber End-caps
- Titanium Full System with Titanium Muffler Sleeves and Carbon Fiber End-caps
- Stainless Steel Full System with Aluminum Muffler Sleeves and Carbon Fiber End-caps
- Stainless Steel Slip-on System with Aluminum Muffler Sleeves and Carbon Fiber End-caps
2013 CRF450R RS-9 APPLICATIONS
Stainless Aluminum RS-9 Dual Slip-on
- Part Number: 225812H320
- MSRP: $725.00
Stainless Aluminum RS-9 Dual Full System
- Part Number: 225810H320
- MSRP: $895.00
Titanium Carbon RS-9 Dual Full System
- Part Number: 225811H220
- MSRP: $1,495.00
Titanium Titanium RS-9 Dual Full System
- Part Number: 225811H720
- MSRP: $1,395.00
Please see http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/t-NP_13_CRF450R.aspx for more information.
These products are designed, manufactured, intended, and sold for use on vehicles that are operated only on closed course racing circuits unless otherwise noted. Use of these products on public roads or lands is strictly prohibited and may be a violation of local, state, or federal laws. Products intended for use on vehicles operated on public roads or lands are clearly so indicated.
About Yoshimura R&D of America: Yoshimura is “The Leader in Performance” and has been for more than 55 years. With unmatched skills, knowledge and passion for racing, Yoshimura is on the forefront of the aftermarket exhaust industry. Yoshimura pipes are race bred and feature the same legendary performance, fit and quality that has been their trademark for more than five decades. To learn more about Yoshimura and view their wide variety of performance products, visit www.yoshimura-rd.com.