“Fool’s Gear, Cool Gear” Illustrates the Benefits of Personal Protective Gear
IRVINE, CA – April 3, 2012 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – The Motorcycle Safety Foundation® has released a new safety video highlighting the importance of motorcycle riders and their passengers wearing personal protective gear. “Fool’s Gear, Cool Gear,” based on the MSF’s popular safety poster of the same name, communicates a serious message in an entertaining manner.
Fun, informative and visually striking, the video takes viewers on a guided tour from head to toe, contrasting the benefits of wearing a helmet and a full complement of safety gear to the risks of riding with inadequate protection, and demonstrating that you can be safe as well as stylish when you ride.
“We set out to make a unique video that motorcyclists would remember long after they watch it,” said Ken Glaser, MSF’s director of special projects. “The eye protection scene alone is so simple, yet so very effective in demonstrating the benefits of wearing eye protection.”
This two-and-a-quarter minute video is now airing on MSF’s website (http://www.msf-usa.org) and YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/MotorcycleFoundation). A high-definition version is available for use on broadcast or cable television, and a companion Spanish-speaking version is also available for viewing on the MSF homepage. Contact MSF Media Relations for more details.
To help ensure that every ride is safe and enjoyable, the Motorcycle Safety Foundation offers a few simple rules for motorcyclists:
- Get properly trained and licensed – Take an MSF RiderCourseSM and obtain the appropriate motorcycle license endorsement from your state.
- Wear all the gear, all the time – Always wear a DOT-compliant helmet and eye protection, as well as over-the-ankle boots, gloves, riding jacket and pants.
- Ride unimpaired by alcohol or other drugs – Riding under the influence dramatically decreases a rider’s necessary skills, especially vision and judgment.
- Ride within your own skill limits and obey traffic laws – Every rider should know their personal limits, and never ride faster or farther than their abilities can handle.
- Be a lifelong learner by taking refresher RiderCourses – Riding skills are perishable, so take an occasional refresher course. No matter how often or how long you’ve been riding, there is always room to learn something new.
The Motorcycle Safety Foundation promotes safety through rider training and education, operator licensing tests and public information programs. The MSF works with the federal government, state agencies, the military and others to offer training for all skill levels so riders can enjoy a lifetime of safe, responsible motorcycling. Standards established by the MSF® have been recognized worldwide since 1973. The MSF is a not-for-profit organization sponsored by BMW, BRP, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Kawasaki, KTM, Piaggio, Suzuki, Triumph, Victory and Yamaha. For safety information or to enroll in the RiderCourse nearest you, visit www.msf-usa.org or call (800) 446-9227.