Seven Firms Benefit from MIC Membership and Join a Powerful Community
IRVINE, CA – March 12, 2012 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Seven powersports businesses from across the country are adding to a wide range of experience, resources and knowledge as they join the membership ranks of the Motorcycle Industry Council. Belt Drives, Ltd., Dominion Powersports Solutions, Gart Sutton & Associates, Inc., Marketplace Events, MX Sports Pro Racing, OSSA U.S.A., and SYM / Alliance Powersports were approved as new MIC members by the MIC Board of Directors at its recent first quarter meeting.
“These seven new member companies will further help the MIC in its effort to promote the growth and prosperity of motorcycling,” said MIC President Tim Buche. “They bring tremendous collective expertise in the aftermarket and online services, and in corporate business training, event and race promotion, global distribution, manufacturing, and more. They will add to our united voice on behalf of the industry, tackling complex issues and challenges. At the same time, they will benefit from their MIC membership in a number of ways, key among those being full access to our extensive market research data, our new Business Advisory and Forecast, technical data and regulatory support, and a variety of industry discounts.”
The MIC’s seven newest member companies are:
- Belt Drives, Ltd., of Anaheim, Calif., manufacturer of American-made products under the brands Belt Drive Ltd., GMA and Jamar Performance Products.
- Dominion Powersports Solutions, located in Sussex, Wis., offering a range of products that includes ZiiOS (dealer management system), PowerSports Network (dealer websites), CycleTrader (lead generation), Traffic Log Pro (lead management and reputation monitoring) and Dominion Insights (powersports industry intelligence).
- Marketplace Events in Tustin, Calif., a show and event producer that creates uniquely vibrant marketplaces that connect enthusiasts with experts, products and services in dynamic face-to-face environments.
- MX Sports Pro Racing, in Morgantown, W.Va., which owns, manages and produces the most prestigious and world leading amateur motocross championships.
- OSSA U.S.A., based in Urbandale, Iowa, the official U.S. importer/distributor and parts supplier of OSSA motorcycles.
- SYM / Alliance Powersports, of Mira Loma, Calif., is an importer/distributor of a full line of Taiwan-manufactured motor scooters. Renowned for its quality and innovation, SYM is a global leader in scooter technology and manufacturing.
The Motorcycle Industry Council exists to preserve, protect and promote motorcycling through government relations, communications and media relations, statistics and research, aftermarket programs, development of data communications standards, and activities surrounding technical and regulatory issues. As a not-for-profit, national industry association, the MIC seeks to support motorcyclists by representing manufacturers and distributors of motorcycles, scooters, motorcycle/ATV/ROV parts and accessories, and members of allied trades such as insurance, finance and investment companies, media companies and consultants.
The MIC is headquartered in Irvine, Calif., with a government relations office in metropolitan Washington, D.C. First called the MIC in 1970, the organization has been in operation since 1914. Visit the MIC at www.mic.org.