NADAguides.com Traffic Trend Report for the Second Half of 2011 Reveals Heighted Research Activity Online and Mobile
COSTA MESA, CA – January 26, 2012 – (Motor Sports Newswire) –
- NADAguides.com, the most comprehensive new and used car, classic car, motorcycle, boat and recreation vehicle pricing and information resource online, announces its 2011 third and fourth quarter Traffic Trends Report – showing growth in traffic and consumer shopping activity site wide.
- Site traffic to the Motorcycle, ATVs and Utility Vehicle section posted an 18 percent increase year over year and recorded an impressive 21 percent for the second half of the year, up from 14 percent during the first two quarters of 2011. NADAguides.com market analysts report motorcycle sales overall registered their first gains in two years during 2011, led by street bikes and scooters.
- Interest in the Classic Cars section grew by 13 percent year over year. For the last three months of the year, Classic Car traffic increased 24, 25 and 26 percent respectively month over month, indicating significant consumer interest in the Classic Car section.
- Traffic to the Automotive section peaked in August, recording the highest number of unique visitors on NADAguides.com. The Automotive section on NADAguides.com experienced an overall 9 percent increase in unique visitors as compared to the 2010 calendar year.
- Consumer shopping interest for the Boats and Personal Watercraft section saw an overall 10 percent increase in consumer traffic over the 2010 year. Analysts point out historic traffic patterns show that consumer interest in boats and personal watercraft are seasonal with the highest amount of shopping research activity recorded during the summer months. The month of July 2011 posted the highest level of research activity and traffic in that category ever recorded.
- The RV section saw an overall traffic increase of 10 percent during the second half of the year. NADAguides.com analysts note that according to a new study, 8.5 percent of U.S. households now own RVs, up from 8.0 percent in 2005, showing a clear rise in the number of people shopping online for these types of vehicles. In addition, a current poll of consumers on the NADAguides.com website shows 52 percent of people looking for a specialty vehicle are interested in RVs attributing to the increase in traffic on the site.
- Introduced in 2008, the NADAguides.com mobile site has seen a 30 percent increase in unique visitors during the second half of 2011. Mobile site visitors now make up 8 percent of all web traffic visiting NADAguides.com, which mirrors growing industry figures as more consumers research and shop for cars on their mobile devices.
- Similar to the first half of the year, the total number of unique visitors to NADAguides.com continued to increase during the second half of the year at 12 percent. The site recorded August 2011 as its best month ever for total site traffic.
- Troy Snyder, director of product development at NADAguides.com: “As the largest publisher of vehicle data online we are a leading resource for in-market vehicle shoppers and by analyzing their traffic search patterns we are able to gauge consumer interest and trends. NADAguides.com site traffic has had significant increases year over year, especially in 2011, indicating more and more consumers are researching before they buy and are increasingly more knowledgeable before they make their purchase.”
About the NADAguides.com Traffic Trends Report
The NADAguides.com Traffic Trends Report is an analytical review of millions of consumer behaviors and interest indicators on NADAguides.com for the year. NADAguides.com Traffic Trends Report is an ongoing study, tracking and trending consumer research patterns and purchase intentions within the automotive, classic car, motorcycle, boat and recreation vehicle industries.
NADAguides.com (http://www.nadaguides.com) is the largest publisher of vehicle pricing and information for new and used cars, classic cars, motorcycles, boats, recreation vehicles, and manufactured homes. NADAguides.com offers in-depth shopping and research tools in addition to the most market-reflective pricing available. The company also produces software, raw data, web services, web-syndicated products and print guidebooks.
- Automotive – New and used
- Classic car
- Recreation vehicle