Nuclear Cowboyz 2012 is an FMX theatrical event with an insane snowmobile flip performed by 2011 Winter X-Games Medalist Caleb Moore!
VIENNA, VA – December 6, 2011 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Feld Motor Sports, Inc. producer of Nuclear Cowboyz® launches an all-new freestyle motocross (FMX) North American tour, Nuclear Cowboyz 2012, premiering Friday, January 13 in Baltimore, Md. Nuclear Cowboyz 2012 pushes the extreme into the certifiably insane with a futuristic narrative told through more freestyle action than ever before including an epic snowmobile flip!
Legendary Nuclear Cowboyz FMX tribes, the Soldiers of Havoc and the Metal Mulisha® return for a never-before-seen action-packed event that takes place in the war torn city of Los Angeles during the year 2150. The tale unfolds as the two tribes’ survival is threatened and besieged by an evil force, The Tempest and her electrifying Cyborg Army. Catapulted into the heart pounding fury and frenzied excitement are the sizzling Nuclear Cowgirlz®, whose allegiance to their tribes only intensifies the Tempest’s rage to destroy the Nuclear Cowboyz. The Soldiers of Havoc and the Metal Mulisha’s battle is fought through fearless freestyle gravity defying stunts, combined with outrageous pyrotechnic and laser displays synchronized to heavy metal, rock alternative and electronic dubstep music.
Nuclear Cowboyz 2012 has the greatest cast of freestyle motocross, trials and quad riders ever assembled, including recent X Games 17 medalists Ronnie Faisst, Adam Jones, Mike Mason, and Winter X Games medalist Caleb Moore. Joined by world-class medalist riders Taka Higashino, Beau Bamburg, Derek Garland, Nixey Danielson, Brody Wilson, Jimmy Fitzpatrick, Dustin Miller, Wes Agee, Matt Buyten, Geoff Aaron, Keith Wineland, Derek Guetter, and Colton Moore, Nuclear Cowboyz 2012 takes unleashed power to its massive ramps in a freestyle performance of pure danger and raw combat.
“We’ve produced a new Nuclear Cowboyz show that brings together not only the most incredible choreographed stunts performed by the best freestyle riders, and we’ve stepped up the insanity by adding more rock music, bigger pyrotechnics, greater freestyle tricks including an awesome snowmobile flip, and new characters such as the evil Tempest and her Cyborg Army,” says producer Juliette Feld. “We’ve increased the magnitude of this production, increased the difficulty in the degree of stunts presented by medal-winning athletes so that you can’t help but be blown away by Nuclear Cowboyz 2012,” adds producer Kenneth Feld.
To create Nuclear Cowboyz 2012 the father/daughter producer team brought together the creative talents of:
- Scotty Nguyen (Director and Choreographer) – makes his Nuclear Cowboyz debut as director and choreographer for Nuclear Cowboyz 2012. A seasoned choreographer for Feld Entertainment’s productions, his performance credits include working with Michael Jackson and as the lead dancer in the Spice Girls Reunion tour. Nguyen has choreographed campaigns for companies such as Nike, Levy’s, Bratz Dolls, Xbox, Xbox 360 and Mortal Kombat, as well as TV and Film (The X-Factor.) An award winning choreographer, he recently completed pop video choreography for recording artists Melissa Schumann and Shut Up Stella;
- Micky Dymond (Stunt Choreographer) – is two-time AMA Motocross Lites class National Champion. Dymond returns to Nuclear Cowboyz bringing his racing and stunt skills to choreograph the third theatrical tour of the world’s greatest freestyle motocross riders;
- David Lagana (Writer) – has a list of writing credits to his name including NBC’s hit series FRIEND. Lagana is a veteran in the sports entertainment industry as lead writer for World Wrestling Entertainment’s (WWE) two-hour weekly, live action show Smackdown and highlighting careers of John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Batista, and CM Punk. Lagana is currently working on new program development for Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling.
- Jesse Blevins (Lighting Designer) – has overseen spectacular lighting scenery for a wide range of performers and performances like the Backstreet Boys: Live from O2 Arena, No Doubt Tour with lead singer Gwen Stefani, Dancing with the Stars tours and since 2001, Feld Entertainment’s Disney On Ice shows, including the recent release Treasure Trove. Blevins has worked with the Nuclear Cowboyz tour since its inception.
- Rick Papineau (Scenic Designer) – vice president of Scenic Elements for Hagenbeck-Wallace and Feld Entertainment veteran who creates props, scenic elements and special effects for Feld Entertainment’s touring shows Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey®, Disney On Ice, and Feld Motor Sports’ Nuclear Cowboyz;
- Dawna Oak (Costume Designer) – brings experience in managing the exotic and breathtaking costumes for the thousands of performers from Feld Entertainment’s numerous productions of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Disney On Ice, and Feld Motor Sports’ Nuclear Cowboyz.
The non-stop, aerial amazement of this new theatrical experience in freestyle motocross entertainment will travel to the following North American cities:
Nuclear Cowboyz 2012 North American Tour Schedule
|January 13-14||Baltimore, Md.||1st Mariner Arena|
|January 21||Kansas City, Mo.||Sprint Center|
|January 27-28||Cincinnati, Oh.||U.S. Bank Arena|
|February 4||Pittsburgh, Pa.||Consol Energy Center|
|February 11||Auburn Hills, Mi.||Palace of Auburn Hills|
|February 17-18||Little Rock, Ark.||Verizon Arena|
|February 24-25||Tampa, Fla.||St. Pete Times Forum|
|March 2-3||East Rutherford, N.J.||IZOD Center|
|March 16-17||Tacoma, Wa.||Tacoma Dome|
|March 24||Portland, Ore.||The Rose Garden|
|April 13-15||Ontario, Calif.||Citizens Business Bank Arena|
|April 20-21||Mexico City, Mx||Arena Ciudad de Mexico|
Experience Nuclear Cowboyz with a VIP Fallout Zone ticket. A very limited number of tickets are set aside for the BIGGEST Nuclear Cowboyz fans. Each VIP Fallout Zone ticket includes: Premium seating, admission to a private meet and greet with the stars of Nuclear Cowboyz 2012 where you will be presented with a commemorative VIP Fallout Zone credential and poster. Only VIP Fallout Zone ticket holders will be able to take part in the meet and greet. It’s the ultimate VIP experience. Don’t wait as these seats are extremely limited and will go fast.
Tickets are available for the Nuclear Cowboyz 2012 tour by visiting www.nuclearcowboyz.com or www.ticketmaster.com. Join us on FaceBook and Twitter for updates on your favorite performers and tour stops.
About Feld Motor Sports®: Feld Motor Sports, Inc. is the world leader in specialized arena and stadium-based motor sports entertainment. Feld Motor Sports, Inc. productions include Monster Jam®, Monster Energy® Supercross, AMA Arenacross Series, Freestyle Motocross, Nuclear Cowboyz and IHRA Nitro Jam®. Feld Motor Sports, Inc. is a division of Feld Entertainment, the world’s largest producer of live family entertainment. For more information on Feld Entertainment, visit www.feldentertainment.com.
SOURCE: Feld Motor Sports, Inc.