LOS ANGELES, CA – August 22, 2011 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – The tragedy that struck the Indiana State Fairgrounds on Saturday August 13, has also affected the motorcycle industry. On August 19, the AMA Pro Racing Indy Mile Flat Track Grand National was cancelled due to the ongoing investigation into the cause of the accident, leaving many AMA competitors without a home on the Red Bull Indianapolis GP weekend.
In an effort to extend a helping hand, the XDL Championship Series is offering free admission, as well as the opportunity to set up a booth free of charge to AMA Pro flat track hard card holders. Stated XDL founder Randy Grube: “What happened at the Fairgrounds was horrible and now it is having a direct effect on the motorcycle industry. We are a tight-knit community and we’d like to do what we can to help fellow competitors. Many have already committed to being in town this weekend, have non-refundable airline tickets and the like, but without a place to set up, these guys will be forced into a state of limbo. We have a beautiful facility at the Indiana War Memorial in downtown Indy, with a little bit of extra space so we thought we’d let flat track teams settle in at XDL, should they so desire. I know it’s not a replacement for running a race, but at least now there is a chance to interact with fans. ”
Flat track competitors are requested to contact XDL at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a free booth space and to be placed on the will call list.
- For the 4th year in a row the XDL Finals will be held in Indianapolis as part of the Red Bull Indianapolis GP weekend. The event is the final event of the 2011 season and will determine the XDL Championship Series National Champion. XDL features two days of blazing sportbike freestyle action.
- Thursday, August 25: Night practice 6pm to 8pm
- Friday, August 26: Competitions
- Saturday, August 27: Competitions and national championship main event
- XDL is held in a temporary venue just 3 blocks north of Monument Circle on Meridian at the Indiana War Memorial on the corner of North St. and Meridian.
- FMF Cup (national championship) – individual freestyle format (judged)
- K&N Circle Challenge – bracket competition where the first rider to complete 10 rotations wins
- Racing 905 Speed & Style Showdown – head to head stunt race
- Wheelie Teach Wheelie Race – bracket competition where rider race down the track and back in a wheelie
- Sartso Women’s Cup – individual freestyle format for women (judged)
- Sickest Trick – timed format in which an athlete can perform any trick he desires (judged)
- Reserved seating Friday: $15 online, $20 at the gate
- Reserved seating Saturday: $25 online, $35 at the gate
- General admission Friday: $10
- General admission Saturday: $20
- Kids 12 and under are FREE (reserved seats require full price ticket!!)
Web Site: http://www.xdlshow.com
Additional information is at the following links:
- XDL: http://www.xdlshow.com
- Indyy event info page: http://www.xdlshow.com/2011-events/indianapolis/
- Tickets: http://xdl.vbotickets.com
- XDL merchandise and DVD: http://www.xdlstore.com
XDL is the only championship of its kind and is the leader in reaching the core 20-year old sportbike demographic. Each XDL event features the world’s most skilled street freestyle riders squaring off in six unique competitions for over $10,000 in prize money. Since its inception in 2006 the series has built a global following in places as far off as India, Indonesia, China, Japan, Australia, France, Thailand and Eastern Europe, and in the process emerged as the fastest growing action sport in America.
For marketing and sales info please contact Randy Grube at email@example.com or 310-850-5715.