MILWAUKEE (July 20, 2011) – Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle OperationsTM takes bagger swagger to a new level with the 2012 CVO Road Glide® Custom, a chrome-drenched, shark-nosed beauty that snarls with Screamin’ Eagle authority. This limited-production motorcycle features the most-powerful V-Twin engine offered by Harley-Davidson, an exclusive multi-color paint scheme, a new high-output sound system and a host of fresh custom components. Bombing the boulevard or scorching the highway, the CVO Road Glide® Custom offers an unmatched hot-rod touring experience.
CVO motorcycles are customized using exclusive components and paint treatments combined with premium accessories from the Harley-Davidson Genuine Motor Accessories catalog. The CVO program is often used to introduce new custom components and techniques before they are offered as individual accessories. Harley-Davidson CVO motorcycles are backed by a two-year, unlimited mileage warranty.
The CVO Road Glide Custom features a distinctive, frame-mounted fairing that offers a lighter steering feel than a fork-mounted fairing, and incorporates dual headlamps and a cockpit-style instrument display. Its Harley-Davidson Touring chassis has a single-spar, rigid backbone frame and two-piece swingarm designed to deliver responsive maneuverability and long-haul durability. Chassis geometry and suspension are calibrated to deliver confident handling and comfort. Hand-adjustable hydraulic rear shocks accommodate variable passenger and luggage loads. An Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and cruise control are standard equipment.
Key CVO Road Glide Custom Features
- Screamin’ Eagle Twin Cam 110 engine with 110-cid (1803cc), rubber-mounted within the frame, is rated at 122 ft. lbs. of torque at 3750 rpm. The engine is equipped with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) and Electronic Throttle Control (ETC), and is mated to a 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission.
- New Heavy Breather engine air intake with a black aluminum cover and bright aluminum “cut back” details over an exposed air filter element.
- Black billet aluminum muffler end caps with chrome spears on chrome dual exhaust with four-inch touring mufflers.
- New high-output amplified audio system with 100 watts of power per channel (200 watts total) and MTX Audio two-way, five-by-seven-inch fairing-mount speakers and two-inch dash-mount tweeters. Amplifier is located within the fairing. Harman/Kardon Advanced Audio radio features CD/AM/FM/WB. The system includes an 8GB Apple iPod nano with an etched Bar & Shield logo, iPod radio interface and iPod holder located the right-side saddlebag.
- New custom two-piece seat with diamond-pattern contrast stitching; thread or cover color-coordinated to motorcycle paint color. Passenger pillion is removable.
- New black internally wired handlebar with matching black hand controls.
- New Wind Splitter aerodynamic smoked windscreen.
- New color-matched, low-profile fuel tank console with illuminated CVO graphic insert.
- New brushed-nickel Skull fuel tank and fairing medallions.
- Contrast Chrome Agitator Custom wheels (19-inch front, 18-inch rear) with matching Agitator floating front brake rotors.
- Rumble Collection features black rubber with brilliant chrome highlights on the rider footboard inserts, passenger footpeg inserts, shifter pegs, brake pedal, and hand grips.
- Injection-molded, extended hard saddlebags; color-matched rear fascia with LED brake/turn lights.
- Customer Care package includes a tool kit, microfiber detail cloth and H-D jiffy stand coaster.
The CVO Road Glide Custom will be offered in three custom color schemes, each with a gloss black powdercoat powertrain, a color-matched inner fairing and speedometer/tachometer housing, color-matched upper fork sliders, license plate light cover, and rear fender strut covers.
- White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black with Real Smoke graphic (Black seat with gold stitching)
- Maple Metallic and Vivid Black with Real Smoke graphic (Black seat with grey stitching)
- Candy Cobalt and Twilight Blue with Real Smoke graphic (Brown seat with gold stitching)
The 2012 CVO Road Glide Custom has a suggested U.S. retail price of $30,699. Production will be limited to approximately 2,100 units.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company produces heavyweight custom, cruiser and touring motorcycles and offers a complete line of Harley-Davidson motorcycle parts, accessories, riding gear and apparel, and general merchandise. For more information, visit Harley-Davidson’s Web site at www.harley-davidson.com.