MILWAUKEE, WI – July 20, 2011 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Any motorcycle is more enjoyable when its fit, function and styling are a perfect match to its owner. To help its customers achieve this goal, Harley-Davidson offers H-D1™, a comprehensive set of customization tools that can be used by those purchasing a new Harley-Davidson motorcycle, and riders who wish to update a Harley they already have on the road. Available on Harley-Davidson.com and at authorized Harley-Davidson dealerships, H-D1 offers almost unlimited opportunities to turn a Harley into a custom of one, a motorcycle that is truly personalized to its owner.
H-D1 is an umbrella for the exclusive parts, processes, and people that make it easier than ever to personalize a Harley-Davidson motorcycle. H-D1 consists of these main tools:
- Fit Shop: A service available at Harley-Davidson dealers that uses a real motorcycle to adjust the position of the seat, suspension and controls to best fit a rider’s body size, and then apply that fitment to the customer’s motorcycle.
- Genuine Motor Parts & Accessories: More than 500 new items for 2012 and more than 10,000 listings total in print and on-line catalogs of top-quality options to add style, fit, performance and function. Genuine Motor Accessories Custom Seat and Custom Paint programs offer further custom options.
- Bike Builder: An online tool to help visualize thousands of custom possibilities for each Harley-Davidson motorcycle model.
- Dealer Consultation: Experienced professionals offer individual guidance to help customers to build a dream bike that will turn heads every time it leaves the garage.
- Factory Customization: Offered exclusively for the 2012 Sportster® 1200 Custom.
H-D1™ Factory Customization
Introduced mid-year 2011, H-D1 factory customization for the first time allows customers to build a Sportster1200 Custom with options that are installed as the motorcycle is assembled by Harley-Davidson Motor Company. More than 2,600 combinations of factory-installed options are available through H-D1 factory customization. By choosing from different wheels, paint and engine finishes, the customer can dramatically alter the look of the motorcycle. Different combinations of foot-control location, seat choices and handlebars can be selected to adjust the fit of the motorcycle to rider stature.
Using the Bike Builder on Harley-Davidson.com customers can view the 1200 Custom they are creating as different factory-installed and dealer-installed options are selected. The customer can then print out a description of their bike and bring it to a Harley-Davidson dealer to review the motorcycle with trained staff, select additional accessories to be installed by the dealer to further customize the motorcycle, and then place an order. Customers can expect to be riding their new bike in as little as four weeks from the time an order is placed with an authorized Harley-Davidson dealer. Delivery timing may vary depending on demand, and will be communicated to customers at the time of order. H-D1 factory customization is available only through Harley-Davidson dealers in the United States and Canada.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company produces heavyweight custom, cruiser and touring motorcycles and offers a complete line of Harley-Davidson motorcycle parts, accessories, riding gear and apparel, and general merchandise. For more information, visit Harley-Davidson’s Web site at www.harley-davidson.com.