- Major League Baseball Clubs To Honor American Veterans for the Fourth Consecutive Year by Donning Red, White and Blue Caps On-Field
- One-of-a-Kind Custom “Star & Stripes” Motorcycle to Tour the Country during Baseball Season
BUFFALO, NY – May 16, 2011 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – New Era, the official on-field cap of Major League Baseball (MLB), announced that for the fourth year in a row, every MLB club will honor America’s veterans by wearing the distinctive “Stars & Stripes” caps on Memorial Day (May 31) and Independence Day (July 4). This effort is done in support of the Welcome Back Veterans fund (http://web.welcomebackveterans.org/index), an organization that provides support to veterans and their families when they come home from war.
In addition, New Era has created a one-of-a-kind Bourget Python Super Stretch motorcycle dubbed the “MLB Stars & Stripes.” The bike was born out of a partnership between New Era, Bourget’s Bike Works, Inc. and Diamond Custom Cycles. The baseball-themed motorcycle will make public appearances in several major cities and at key events across the United States over the course of the baseball season.
On 11/11/11, Veteran’s Day, the grand finale of the campaign concludes with a live telethon where the bike will be auctioned off with all proceeds going to Welcome Back Veterans.
“We teamed up with Bourget’s and Diamond Custom because they’re brands that share New Era’s passion for craftsmanship and authenticity,” said Christopher H. Koch, New Era CEO. “It embodies a message of patriotism and gives our organizations, players and fans a chance to salute the brave men and women that serve our country.”
- The “Stars & Stripes” caps, which will retail for $36.99, will be available on www.neweracap.com, at every MLB stadium and at select retailers.
- A portion of the proceeds from the sale of these caps supports Welcome Back Veterans fund.
- The bike will visit cities including New York, Boston, Cincinnati, Detroit, Phoenix and Los Angeles as well as in Phoenix for the 2011 MLB All-Star Game. At each stop, fans will be able to get their photographs taken with the bike.
- Followers will also be able to salute members of the armed forces via New Era’s Twitter page (http://twitter.com/new_era_caps) beginning May 16th via has tag: #starsandstripes.
- For more information on the “Stars & Stripes” caps and 2011 bike tour, visit www.neweracap.com/starsandstripes.
About New Era
New Era is an international lifestyle brand with an authentic sports heritage that dates back over 90 years. Best known for being the official on-field cap for Major League Baseball, New Era is the brand of choice not only for its headwear collection, but also for its accessories and apparel lines for men, women and youth. The brand is worn as a symbol of self-expression by athletes, artists and some of the most interesting people around the globe. New Era encourages people to “FLY YOUR OWN FLAG™.” The Company is headquartered in Buffalo, N.Y. and operates facilities in Canada, Europe, Brazil, Japan and Hong Kong. For more information, visit www.neweracap.com.
Dana Marciniak, New Era
716.604.9259 or 716.536.9913
SOURCE: New Era