3D concept design and styling software expands reach in several design markets worldwide
TROY, MI – January 12, 2011 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – solidThinking, Inc. (http://www.solidthinking.com), a global concept design and styling software company, today reported continued momentum and growth in the industrial design software market with several new customers representing leading organizations in the architectural, consumer goods, fashion, jewelry and furniture industries.
solidThinking’s newly signed clients include:
- AXIO, a California-based luggage company specializing in hard shell backpacks.
- Best S.p.A., a manufacturer of kitchen hoods, and part of the American group Nortek Inc., the world leader in ventilation and air treatment.
- Bottega Veneta, a leader in luxury fashion best known for its signature leather goods, including handbags, luggage and leather wallets.
- Educa Borras, S.A., a leading manufacturer of family fun and educational games and puzzles for children and adults.
- HaroDesign Inc., a design firm founded by BMX champion Bob Haro specializing in motorsport accessories.
- Hintegra s.r.l., a store display design firm servicing some of the most renowned fashion brands.
- Luidia Inc., a global provider of innovative idea-capturing systems for the education, distance learning, conferencing, audio/visual and office products markets.
- Maped, a world-leading manufacturer of art supplies and accessories for schools, offices, creative hobbies and framing.
- Oneida Ltd., one of the world’s largest design, sourcing and distribution companies for stainless-steel and silver-plated flatware for the consumer and foodservice industries.
- Pelikan, a manufacturer of fine writing instrument products including art material, office products and craft and hobby markets.
- Safilo Group S.p.A., one of the largest manufacturers of sunglasses and optical frames and the global leader in high-end eyewear.
- Spartech, a leading producer of plastic products including polymeric compounds, concentrates, custom extruded sheet and rollstock products and packaging technologies.
“We are pleased to have the opportunity to collaborate with our new customers, who we feel represent future-focused and forward-thinking adopters of leading design technology,” said Jim Hassberger, vice president of business development and customer relations. “This increase in solidThinking software adoption by a variety of market industries worldwide further validates that innovation in product design will continue to be a key factor in differentiating companies from their competitors. Working with international design organizations has enabled solidThinking to obtain an insider’s view of what designers and architects need from 3D software technology to create a truly collaborative design process, from concept to execution.”
solidThinking’s NURBS-based software is compatible with leading design manufacturing and engineering software, encouraging improved computer-aided design (CAD) collaboration and productivity between industrial designers and engineers during the product development cycle. This emphasis on increased collaboration and productivity between design and engineering coincides with recent findings that industry developers are seeking ways to streamline and accelerate product lifecycle management (PLM).
For designers and architects who are interested exploring with form generation to experiment with, enhance and structurally optimize their initial design concepts, solidThinking offers solidThinking Inspired™ software. With solidThinking Inspired™, users can apply morphogenesis™ form-generation technology – which draws on the principles of biomimicry – to grow efficient shapes in response to environmental forces and pressures.
Visit www.solidThinking.com for more information or connect with solidThinking on:
- solidThinking blog – https://blogs.solidthinking.com
- Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/solidThinking
- Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/solidThinking
- YouTube – http://www.youtube.com/solidThinking
About solidThinking, Inc. (http://www.solidthinking.com)
solidThinking, Inc. develops and markets industrial design/styling software that helps designers invent, explore and evaluate new ideas easily, rapidly and cost-effectively, without the limitations of traditional software. Using solidThinking’s conceptual 3D modeling capabilities, visualization interface and fast real-time rendering, designers can model, render and share their projects on the fly, from architecture and automobiles to electronic devices, jewelry, product packaging and yachts. solidThinking is a wholly owned subsidiary of Troy, Mich. (USA)-based Altair Engineering, Inc. (http://www.altair.com). Altair Engineering is privately held and employs more than 1,300 in North America, South America, Europe and Asia/Pacific.
SOURCE: solidThinking, Inc.