Domestic Brands Remain Steady as Japanese Brands See Greatest Shifts
COSTA MESA, CA – January 04, 2011 – (Motor Sports Newswire) –
- NADAguides, the most comprehensive vehicle information provider on the Internet today, announces its 2010 Brand Share Report – with domestics remaining on top for the second consecutive year.
- Analysis of consumer research patterns from January through November 2010 reveals the overall most researched brand on NADAguides.com in 2010 was Chevrolet – followed closely by Ford and Toyota. Chevrolet and Ford held the top two largest shares in 2009 as well.
- As compared to the 2009 NADAguides Brand Share Report, data shows that Toyota gained significant share moving from the fifth-most to the third-most researched brand on NADAguides.com – a nearly 32 percent increase in consumer research traffic for Toyota.
- New to the Brand Share Report top ten and making the overall largest jump was Jeep, coming in as the seventh-most considered brand on NADAguides.com – an overall increase in consumer interest of 62 percent. NADAguides’ Analysts credit this to the new and greatly improved products coming from Detroit and the heavy marketing push from Jeep.
- Joining Toyota and Jeep with an increase in overall consumer consideration was Dodge. All other brands within the top ten slightly decreased in brand interest share.
- Also making the Brand Share Report top ten were Honda, Dodge, Nissan, Hyundai, GMC, and Volkswagen. Honda moved down in consumer consideration as Toyota attracted a heightened interested for the Japanese brands and began to overcome negative quality perceptions.
- Contributing to the consideration rankings of Ford, Chevrolet and Toyota are the continued interest in top truck brands followed by those brands producing quality small SUVs such as Honda’s CR-V.
- The everlasting interest in muscle also fueled the top brand share rankings with the Ford Mustang, the Chevrolet Camaro and the Dodge Challenger.
- Don Christy, Jr., NADAguides president and CEO: “Although the overall top ten brands have remained relatively consistent compared to 2009, our analysts detect a decrease in margin – showing that competition is getting tighter between brands. As the competitive edge between brands diminishes, consumer brand loyalty will become increasingly important.”
About the NADAguides Brand Share Report
The NADAguides Brand Share Report is a collection of data points from hundreds of thousands of research behaviors and actions of in-market, new-car shoppers on NADAguides.com from January 1 through November 30, 2010. NADAguides’ Brand Share Report is an ongoing study, tracking and trending consumer research patterns, purchase intents and market and data interests within automotive brands.
NADAguides (http://www.nadaguides.com) is the largest publisher of vehicle pricing and information for new and used cars, classic cars, motorcycles, boats, RVs, and manufactured homes. NADAguides offers in-depth shopping and research tools in addition to the most market-reflective pricing available. The company also produces software, raw data, web services, web-syndicated products and print guidebooks.