Milwaukee, WI – August 20, 2009 – Motor Sports Newswire) – The 2010 Fat Boy Lo motorcycle is a new riff on one of the greatest hits to ever roll out of the Harley-Davidson design studio. Darker and lower than that original icon of fat-custom style, the Fat Boy Lo retains the bold presence of the Fat Boy while offering a fresh interpretation of the motorcycle that still defines the segment.
Dressed in satin chrome and denim black, the Fat Boy Lo model features a reshaped seat and handlebar that places its rider “in” the motorcycle, with the lowest seat height of any Harley-Davidson model. The half-moon footboards, black wheels and leather tank panel help Fat Boy Lo rock to a singular, fat-custom beat.
The Fat Boy Lo is a Harley-Davidson Softail model with a rear-suspension design that mimics the lines of a vintage hardtail frame, but offers the comfort of modern suspension that is hidden under the chassis. A horseshoe oil tank located below the seat, forward foot controls or foot boards, and the classic five-gallon Fat Bob fuel tank are notable styling details of each Softail model.
A counter-balanced Twin Cam 96B V-Twin powertrain, rigid-mounted in the frame, powers the Fat Boy Lo model. The rigid powertrain allows tight packaging of the engine within the frame. Rated at 93.67 ft. lbs. of peak torque at 3000 rpm, the engine features Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) and is finished in black powdercoat with bright machined highlights on the cylinder fins, and satin-chrome engine and primary drive covers. The 6-Speed Cruise Drive transmission features a new helical-cut fifth gear for smooth operation.
Key Fat Boy Lo Features:
- The front and rear suspension are each lowered by 1.15 inches to give the Fat Boy Lo model a road-hugging stance. Seat height is just 24.25 inches, the lowest of any Harley-Davidson model.
- A new seat is narrower, which along with the low seat height makes it possible for almost any rider to place both feet flat on the ground when the motorcycle is at rest.
- Stainless steel 1.25-inch-diameter handlebar features internal wiring for an uncluttered control area. This handlebar is narrower than the Fat Boy handlebar.
- Nostalgic half-moon rider footboards are finished in gloss black.
- Bullet Hole Disc Cast Aluminum 17-inch wheels front and rear have black centers and machined outer rims. Tire sizes are 200 mm-17 rear and 140 mm-17 front.
- Rolled-edge front fender and full-coverage rear fender.
- Fat Bob fuel tank topped with a satin-chrome console with speedometer and ignition switch, a leather tank panel with Harley-Davidson medallion, and satin-chrome tank side badges.
- Over/under shotgun exhaust with satin-chrome mufflers and muffler shields, and flat-black header shields.
- Denim black finish is applied to the following components: frame, swingarm, front shock covers, derby cover, horn cover, coil cover, oil tank, and air cleaner cover.
- Gloss black finish is applied to these components: triple clamp covers and nacelle, headlight bucket, air cleaner cover trim ring, rear fender supports, footboards.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company, the only major U.S.-based motorcycle manufacturer, produces heavyweight motorcycles and a complete line of motorcycle parts, accessories and general merchandise. For more information, visit Harley-Davidson’s Web site at www.harley-davidson.com.