EAST TROY, Wis. -July 15, 2009 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Buell Motorcycle Company today introduced the 1125RR, a race-use only motorcycle intended for competition in the AMA Pro Racing American Superbike class.
“The 1125RR is designed to give privateer racers a turn-key machine to compete in the American Superbike class in AMA Pro Racing. We want to build on our program that has proven so successful for privateers in the Daytona SportBike class,” said Erik Buell, Chairman and Chief Technical Officer, Buell Motorcycle Company.
The Buell 1125RR features a modified Helicon 1125cc (103mm bore x 67.5mm stroke) liquid-cooled 72-degree V-Twin engine. Power increases come from components including a larger airbox and intake manifold, revised valves and camshafts, a higher compression ratio, titanium exhaust system and other weight-reduced components.
The 1125RR chassis is the standard 1125R design with fuel-in-the-frame, plus a billet axle adjustment system and chain-drive to allow gearing changes. Suspension travel is managed by fully adjustable units, with a Showa 43mm front fork and a remote-reservoir rear shock. A ZTL2 (Zero Torsional Load) eight-piston front caliper is mated with a modified front rotor.
Buell 1125RR features:
- 1125cc (68.7 cid) Helicon Powertrain: 4.055 inch (103 mm) bore and 2.658 inch (67.5mm) stroke
- Dual 61mm down-draft fuel-injection throttle bodies
- Titanium exhaust header and mass-centralized muffler
- 6-Spoke cast magnesium racing wheels: Front: 3.5 inch (88.9mm) x 17 inch (431.8mm), Rear: 6 inch (152.4mm) x 17 inch (431.8mm)
- Buell ZTL2 reversed rotor front brake with eight-piston Nissin caliper
- 43mm Showa fully-adjustable inverted forks
- Showa fully-adjustable rear shock with remote reservoir
- Cast-aluminum swingarm machined with billet axle adjustment system
- Center position wheelbase 55.5 inches (1410 mm)
Buell will produce a limited number of 1125RR motorcycles for sale only to licensed professional road racers who will compete in the AMA Pro Racing American Superbike class. U.S. MSRP is $39,995. Orders must be placed through the Buell Race Department and delivered through an authorized Buell motorcycle dealer.
Founded by visionary motorcycle designer and former privateer racer Erik Buell in 1983, Buell Motorcycle Company, a subsidiary of Harley-Davidson, Inc., produces sport motorcycles, motorcycle parts, accessories and apparel, including the 1125R superbike, 1125CR café racer and air-cooled XB-series Ulysses, Firebolt, and Lightning. To learn more about Buell motorcycles, or to locate the dealer nearest you, log onto www.buell.com.