Shizuoka-ken, Japan, July 3, 2009 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. has won the status of “Excellent Business Site” under the Excellent Eco-Commuting Business Site Accreditation System of Japan’s Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MLIT).
This system is part of MLIT’s program for the promotion of “Eco-Commuting” that accredits business sites that demonstrate a high-level awareness of eco-commuting and independently and actively engage in initiatives to promote and disseminates information about best practices widely among the populace in order to promote the spread of eco-commuting. Companies and regional government agencies accredited under this system are listed on the MLIT website and earn the right to use the eco-commuting logo mark*.
The requirements for being accredited as an “Excellent Eco-Commuting Business Site” under this system are:
- That there are designated officers in charge of promoting eco-commuting
- That the company understands the present status of employees eco-commuting
- That they have initiated specific eco-commuting programming
- That the company has formulated a plan for eco-commuting
The accreditation this time was based on recognition of the fact that Yamaha Motor has been promoting eco-commuting since Dec. 2004 on a level that meets all the above requirements.
Yamaha Motor’s eco-commuting initiatives include the following:
- Incentives for purchasing a two-wheeled vehicle
- A Passol (electric scooter) rental system
- Support for safe riding achievement
- Review of commuter bus scheduling
- Commuting allowance for using public transportation or walking in employee’s commute
- Increased allowance for bicycle commuting
- New space created for rental Passol (electric scooter) parking and expanded two-wheeler parking area
The above-listed eco-commuting initiatives have raise employee awareness of eco-commuting to a level where 65% of the company’s employees now eco-commute at least once a month.
Yamaha Motor is dedicated to actively pursuing our eco-commuting and other environmental programs.